Welcome to the
The YMCA of Elkhart County strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
30 November 2011
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES, TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES, Makes about 30 cookies.
For the cookies
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar, olive oil, egg, and honey with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in lime zest and flour mixture until combined (it will be somewhat sticky). On a floured work surface, form dough into a log about 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter; wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch- thick rounds, place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack placed over wax paper and cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, lime juice, and lime zest, adding more juice if necessary to thin the glaze until it's pourable. Drizzle glaze over cookies and let set for 15 minutes.
*Nutrition score per serving (1 cookie): 73 calories, 3g fat (Og saturated), 12g carbs, 1g protein, 1g fiber, 1mg calcium. Omg iron, 43mg sodium